The Will-I-Loader is designed with a unique locking gear and gas strut arrangement to be used in both the loading and unloading of kayaks. This loader was designed to remove the high angle needed to rotate a kayak to load onto a roof rack and damage the rear of the kayak and rudder assemblies. The loader consists of a stainless steel gear and locking pin arrangement and a gas strut that supports the weight on the way down and lifts the front end of the kayak for you when loading. The kayak is loaded by pulling the loader down to the loading position where the kayak can be wheeled on the trolley and the nose placed directly onto the loader. The front can then be pushed against the load-activation lever and the kayak then pushed up and onto the roof of the vehicle. The gas strut needs to be sized for the weight of the kayak so we have 3 options available. We recommend taking most of your accessories off the kayak while traveling but make sure you allow for them when choosing the size.
The Will-I-Loader has been engineered and built to last with the following features.
- Stainless steel gearing and locking pins
- Fits a 50mm tow hitch receiver
- Heavy-duty aluminium tubing
- Short overhang to increase entry and exit angles and remain legal when driving
- Safety pin when driving
- Stainless steel brackets
- Adjustable V to suit a range of kayaks
- Soft LDPE pads for the kayak to slide on
- Cheater bar for pre-loading gas strut
- Interchangeable mounts for different gas struts depending on weight
- Remote number plate mount
- Bumper for loading kayak
- Plastic topped activation lever