Here at BerleyPro we strive to make life on the water a more pleasurable and fulfilling experience for you. We want to make sure your kayak is doing exactly what you need it to so that, no matter what you’re up to on the water, you can focus on enjoying yourself! Cue our brand new Slayer Max Aluminium Handle Upgrade!
Benefits of the Slayer Max Aluminum Handle Upgrade
- Improve the strength of your handle
- Smoother and more responsive steering
- Raise the handle for easier access
- Water and weather resistant
- Fits Slayer Max kayaks
How to fit this Handle Upgrade
This Handle upgrade can be fitted with the standard Native Watercraft Steering Pulley. However, the demonstration below shows the handle in conjunction with BerleyPros Titan Steering Conversion which provides a range of benefits, such as tighter turning circles and more responsive steering (click here to find out more).
1. Remove rudder to loosen lines
2. Remove standard handle
Underside of standard handle
3. In this demonstration we are replacing the standard steering conversion with BerleyPros Titan Steering Conversion.
4. Screw the Handle Upgrade into place while ensuring the cord stays on the wheel. The screw in the centre of the handle can be tightened to adjust turning stiffness.
5. Replace the rudder
6. Install counterpart of BerleyPro Titan Steering Conversion. Ensure the lines are tight and the handle is straight.
7. Re-tension lines.
Standard Native Watercraft Handle alongside BerleyPro Aluminium Handle
Your brand new Handle Upgrade is now in place. This replacement should take around 20 minutes.
If you have any questions then please do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected] or you could always leave us a comment below!