BerleyPro Native Watercraft Titan/Slayer Max Steering Upgrade
Reinvent your time on the water with a steering conversion to increase reliability, lose the restriction on the angle, and dramatically reduce the turning circle on your Native Watercraft. The BerleyPro steering upgrade is the most trusted steering by tournament anglers all around the world.
This kit contains two new drums that attach to your existing steering that removes the previous wheel and grub screw attachments plus a new way to tension your cables and stop the hassle with the existing cord falling off. We designed this with a rear attachment point at the back and a new drum so the cords always travel the same distance as you turn each way. By having the cord wrapped around the front drum you can get the full movement of the rudder and not be restricted by the front attachment point.
We produce this kit with two discs so it gives you an even feel the whole way through the steering (think of a rope running around two wheels the cord travels the same distance both ways). We have a new cover plate with 4 brass inserts which allow the cord to be looped over and tightened easily. This lets you take all the play out of the handle so you don’t have to make continuous adjustments while the rudder moves in the chop or current.
This kit comes with the following:
- Handle drum with top and bottom routing to let the cord pass over itself
- Core treated and polyester jacket for high strength and minimal strength spectra cord. 295kg/650lb breaking strength
- Tension cover with twin cord locking inserts so you can lock the cord down and be sure it won’t pull out
- Tappered rudder control disc with rear attachment point
- Stainless Steel Fasteners
- Pull through braid
This kit fits the following kayaks.
- Native Watercraft Titan 10.5
- Native Watercraft Titan 12
- Native Watercraft Titan 13
- Native Watercraft Slayer Max 12.5
- Native Watercraft Slayer Max 10
My only concern with the steering upgrade, no instructions and the video has no voice instruction. The steering upgrade works great. It allows the rudder to adjust to 90 degrees for quick and tight turns. Overall I would recommend that native watercraft put on all of their kayaks.
High quality materials that are for sure to last!
Must have upgrade
Upgraded my native watercraft. Could not be more pleased. Turning radius much tighter. Actually made turning easier. Looking forward to more innovative designs from you.