This kit contains two new drums that attach to your existing steering that removes the previous wheel and grub screw attachments plus a new way to tension your cables and stop the hassle with the existing cord falling off. We designed this with a rear attachement point at the back and a new drum so the cords always travel the same distance as you turn each way. By having the cord wrapped around the front drum you can get full movement of the rudder and not be restriced by the front attachment point.
We produce this kit with two discs so it gives you an even feel the whole way through the steering (think of a rope running around two wheels the cord travels the same distance both ways). We have a new cover plate with 4 brass inserts which allow the cord to be looped over and tightened easily. This lets you take all the play out of the handle so you don’t have to make continuous adjustments while the rudder moves in the chop or current.
This kit comes with the following:
- Handle drum with top and bottom routing to let the cord pass over itself
- Core treated and polyester jacket for high strength and minimal strength spectra cord. 295kg/650lb breaking strength
- Tension cover with twin cord locking inserts so you can lock the cord down and be sure it won’t pull out
- Tappered rudder control disc with rear attachment point
- Stainless Steel Fasteners
- Pull through braid