The Bumper Bro is a kayak keel guard that you attach to the point of impact in most situations on the nose of your kayak.
These are thermoformed to fit specific kayak hulls and can be attached with adhesive tape or specific adhesives.
As kayak users, we often face the dilemma of launching in quite harsh launching conditions. Rocks, boat ramps, oyster beds, and concrete, over a period of time will slowly cut and chip their way through the plastic and can potentially cause leakages and costly repairs.
Installation Of The Bumper Bro
- Once you have aquired the appropriate Bumper Bro to suit your kayak, flip your kayak to allow you to work.
- If you have a used kayak with scuffs, cuts, and chips. Smooth off any large tags of plastic with sandpaper.
- Clean the surface of the kayak with Isopropyl Alcohol of which the Bumper Bro is to be installed and allow to dry.
- Clean any dust from the inside of the Bumper Bro with isopropyl.
- Apply a generous amount of marine grade adhesive to the kayak.
- Apply a generous amount of marine grade adhesive to the Bumper Bro approximately 15mm from the lip, this will allow adequate space for the adhesive to spread without spilling out of the part.
- Firmly press the Bumper Bro to the nose of the kayak and using tension straps secure into place.
- To get a flush seal on the Bumper Bro, squeeze a bead of adhesive around the lip of the part against the kayak and clean off the excess.
- Leave the Bumper Bro for 24 hours before taking the kayak on the water to ensure it has stuck